At the dental practice of Dr. James E. Gaff, if you are in need of having a tooth pulled, our skilled dentist, Dr. Gaff is pleased to be your reliable resource for tooth extractions in Jacksonville, Florida, and the surrounding areas. During an extraction, we will remove the affected tooth from the socket in the bone. While we strive to provide the most conservative treatment possible for our patients in Jacksonville, Florida, there are treatments that might make an extraction necessary to correct certain conditions and improve your oral and overall health. You might need an oral surgical extraction if:
• You have extra teeth which are blocking other teeth from coming in.
• If a baby tooth doesn’t fall out when it is supposed to so that the permanent tooth is able to come in.
• If you are going to be getting braces, and need room for the new position of the teeth.
• If you are undergoing radiation to the head and neck area.
• If teeth have become infected from using cancer drugs, and your immune system is compromised.
• If you have had an organ transplant and teeth can become infected.
• Your wisdom teeth may need extraction before or after they come in. If they have decay, are causing you pain, or have an infection or a cyst, they may require removal.
Dr. James E. Gaff and our team are dedicated to keeping your smile healthy by providing tooth extractions in Jacksonville, Florida, and the surrounding areas. To find out more, or to schedule an appointment with our friendly team, please call us at 904-641-2655 today. Our goal is to provide you with the dental care you deserve and help you achieve your healthiest, most attractive smile possible!