The guide to recovery from a pulled tooth is simple; listen to those who have come before you. The internet has all sorts of options and tactics to help steer your way into the land of recovery. Here are a few well-trusted tips to help you heal after getting a tooth pulled:
– Follow the strict diet as given by your dentist.
– Rest heavily, and try to avoid exercise
– Stop smoking, or give it up at least 48 hours before and after surgery.
– Follow your dentist’s advice and instructions.
– If necessary, take any pain medications or antibiotics prescribed by your dentist, exactly as instructed.
– To avoid choking, wait until the anesthetic wears off before eating.
– If swelling occurs, apply ice packs.
Follow these steps, and you will be on the road to recovery.
Consult your dentist if you experience:
– An increase in swelling
– An ongoing fever that won’t go away
– Ongoing bleeding that won’t stop
– Heavy pain that lasts three to four days post-surgery
To schedule an appointment, and discuss your future options, please call Dr. James E. Gaff at 904-641-2655 to talk to a member of our team. Call us today, or stop by our office in Jacksonville, Florida, and we will help you in any way we can. We look forward to hearing from you soon!