It’s important to follow strict guidelines for your oral health care. If plaque begins to build up in your mouth, the harmful bacteria that live there can wreak havoc on our gums. Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss in adults. Our dental team is here to help. If you think you may have gum disease, here are six common symptoms to look for:
– Look for red, swollen, or extremely tender gums that appear. If the gums bleed easily or constantly, it may be a sign of gum disease.
– Check your gums to see if they have receded, or appear to be pulled back from the teeth.
– Constant bad breath or bad taste in your mouth could be a sign of gum disease.
– If you have any difficulty speaking or experience pains when chewing, gum disease may be present.
– Gum disease over time will loosen teeth from the gums. Be aware of any loose or sensitive teeth you may have.
– If your teeth move, change location, or your bite alignment changes, the tissue in your mouth may be wearing down from gum disease.
Even if you aren’t showing any signs of gum disease, it is still important to always get your teeth cleaned professionally. If you wish to come in for an oral exam, please make an appointment with Dr. James E. Gaff by contacting our fantastic dental team at 904-641-2655. You can also stop by our office in Jacksonville, Florida. Come in today, and leave with a smile!